Does my Rifle disappearing after a Wolf Encounter mean it was broken?

RossBondReturns

I ask simply because in my last 3 Voyageur games I've shot and missed a charging Wolf with my Rifle, during two of those is was visible in the getting up animation. However in none of them could I find the Rifle at all once the animation had finished playing.

In fact this happened 2 times in my last game alone! Found 2 Rifles on Mystery Lake...lost two Rifles literally on Mystery Lake...after an attack.

• 2 weeks later...

My rifle disappeared after a bear attack by the quonset hut on coastal highway. It wasn't on the ground anywhere or in inventory.  

The only notable thing I can think of was the right mouse button 'aiming rifle' was locked on during attack.  (My mouse is sticky).  I them promptly died after two wolf attacks as I attempted to retrieve a backup rifle. lol 

If it is of any help, I attached the output log.

Note: the rifle in my inventory at death is the backup that I did retrieve. 

output_log.txt

Edit: I'll put this in 'Bug report'

Your rifle is supposed to end up lying in the snow nearby when you stand up, but the mechanic is currently broken so instead it is ending up under the terrain where you cannot get at it or see it.  They have fixed this a few times already, but the last update broke it again.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived