Forelorn muskeg safe bugs

Scyzara

I encountered three different bugs at once while opening the forelorn muskeg safe. (It's very well-hidden, btw. Good job on that. :) )

1. Opening the safe was extremely tedious because I often had to complete not one, but several "rounds" before I could hear the klick sound and one of the three locks would unlock (= turn white). At some point I started to count and it took me 512 times A & D pressing on my final (sucessful) opening attempt. x-x''

2. The numbers that unlocked the single locks did not stay the same, but changed constantly between my different opening attempts. So I had to literally press A once, wait a second so see if the lock turns white, press A again, wait another second, press A again, etc. And that for 512 times. It took about 15 rl minutes alltogether to open the darn save this way because I needed several attempts to figure out what was going on and that this safe was not working "normally".

3. When I had finally opened the darn thing, it was empty. Shouldn't that have been fixed multiple patches ago so that safes would always give at least a little something, also on Interloper? Even if it was just a can of soda or a candy bar, but NOTHING after 15rl minutes of patience and strong concentration is truely disappointing and no good game design.

5 hours ago, Scyzara said:

1. Opening the save was extremely tedious because I often had to complete not one, but several "rounds" before I could hear the klick sound and one of the three locks would unlock (= turn white). At some point I started to count and it took me 512 times A & D pressing on my final (sucessful) opening attempt. x-x''

2. The numbers that unlocked the single locks did not stay the same, but changed constantly between my different opening attempts.

I have experienced this too.  I was doing some recon in FM in Interloper and thought the safe might just be harder to open on that difficulty level, because it was the first safe I've ever tried to open in Interloper.

9 hours ago, Blinkin said:

Interesting. I like the location too but I haven't had this bug yet.
For me it worked like every safe I've seen before, it even had some awesome items like a MRE.
Weird.

Well, if it contained an MRE you can't have been playing Interloper, is that correct?^^

The bug seems to be related to Interloper somehow. 

No issues with being able to open the safes on Stalker.  However, I've been playing on Stalker for the last couple of updates, probably started 25+ games, and have opened the Mystery Lake safes at the dam and/or the trapper's house in many of those games and have never found even a single item.  I've started several games on Voyageur and do typically find the usual items: MREs, ammo, etc. 

1 hour ago, quarter said:

No issues with being able to open the safes on Stalker.  However, I've been playing on Stalker for the last couple of updates, probably started 25+ games, and have opened the Mystery Lake safes at the dam and/or the trapper's house in many of those games and have never found even a single item.  I've started several games on Voyageur and do typically find the usual items: MREs, ammo, etc. 

I've had this happen as well. Opened both safes in a Stalker game to find them both empty. Just thought it was bad luck.

with the last few updates I have had more empty safes than those containing stuff on stalker. With the last update specifically, the combinations have been funky. meaning I have had instances where I have had to make 2-3 full circles to get the click on the first or second number. not every safe not all the time, I assumed it was a glitch on my end. 

Archived