Several bugs since update

brian71mm

Since the update I've noticed several issues some of which for me and others I'm sure are game breaking and some pre existing. 

1st issue is that I'm having some kind of crazy lag where the game starts running extremely choppy and this persists for minutes at a time yet other times the game runs Quite smoothly. As of the last 20 minutes I played it was choppy causing me to miss a deer with the rifle. 

When eating or drinking anything from the menu or before picking the item up the game acts as though its freezing for a few seconds. 

Lastly there is the infamous arrow issues which is about 3 in itself. Last run I shot a deer 4 times and all times the arrow just popped right on out. I try lining my shots up directly from their side hitting their chest cavity. There is the puff of blood splatter on the ground but no trail. 5th time of shooting this deer the arrow stuck but when the deer fell the arrow was nowhere to be seen as the deer fell on it. Waited for the carcass to disappear but it was still not there, I even searched the surrounding area. 

When drawing the bow sometimes the character will automatically relax the bow 

I have noticed all of these recently as well.

The lagginess has been significant at the tailend of my last two nights' playthroughs. Especially noticeable during blizzards (although the game remains laggy when I enter buildings). It's significant enough to turn off the game. My wife thanks you for that, BTW.

Hinterland has acknowledged and fixed the delay post-eating/drinking. Hotfix will probably hit Xbox tomorrow or early next week.

The archery issues could possibly be by design, not bugs:

• The arrows popping out could be a new mechanic for non-fatal shots. Previously, the arrows would stick in the deer, which would run away until it dies with the arrow still lodged inside it. I lost arrows this way in the past. Maybe they are trying to make it harder to lose arrows in this way by making non-fatal arrows drop out of the deer before it runs off. That said, the deer hit with these shots do NOT run until they die, often returning to their grazing and walking patterns as if they were never shot. So seems very bug-like.
  • I have noticed the relaxing the bow but think there's a good chance it's just me not pulling back far enough before releasing.

@GorillaDust see I thought the same thing cause it can actually happen but I hit a deer from the side in the stomach and where the heart should be 4 times, same deer mind you and it popped right off. So this arrow was heavily damaged and broke causing another arrow to be damaged. I feel I takes no skill to use the rifle so I use the bow. 

@Support this something that is being planned to be worked on in the future as I've noticed the delay in eating and drinking already is but the bow issues? 

Archived