Strange behavior for deer boots and wolf cloak

yoli

Hi,

I for the first time managed to make deer boots and a wolf cloak, but I am intrigued as to how they behave in the game:

- deer boots are decaying quite rapidly. Even if I don't wear them and leave them into a house, they continue to decay, how realistic is this?

- the wolf cloak is said to have some repulsion effect on wolves, but I didn't notice this and still feel as an appetizer of choice for them. Did I miss something?

I am using current release branch build. Thanks.

I'd like an answer to this as well.  They didn't use to decay like this.  Maybe they want you to have to continuously kill animals to keep up the clothes?  At the moment they decay almost too fast to be of any use.  When the next update comes out made clothes may become obsolete if they decay like this. 

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations in crafting your first set of advanced clothing! From some of my long runs in sandbox I found the certain objects, pelts specifically, decay over time when left out; I'm not sure if this happens with all in game objects though. For the realistic aspect of things I presume the developers are trying to copy the idea of letting something sit for a long time. By this I mean trying to start up a car that has been sitting idle for a while, it can be difficult as things degrade. As for the wolf skin coat you haven't missed anything. I have found that it only scares off wolves on a rare occasion. Although I do believe it gives a bonus when trying to scare wildlife off with a flare or torch, but don't quote me on that. Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

It depends on what game mode you're playing in, too.  E.g. in Interloper your cooked fish will decrease some 20% in 4-5 days, storing it outside, in -20C. In pilgrim it ”needs” around 2-3 weeks, and the outside temp is -5C. And so on. From this point of view, I think the gameplay is simply unbalanced.

Archived