Will the game also be available on PS4 when ready?

silversun

• 3 weeks later...

Something you have to remember about porting between PC and consoles is that you have different architecture. Granted there are tools nowadays that make it easier (I believe Hinterland is using one) but there are further blocks. For example, PC players get the updates immediately the moment they are available for Steam. On Xbox One, it took awhile before the update was available. So the process isn't entirely seamless in all aspects. And the old methods that involved basically rebuilding the game from the ground up or making a poor port for a particular console, made a lot of game companies choose one console over the other which really is something I'm not entirely happy about. So many games out there I'd like to play but I'm not buying a console just for ONE flipping game.

On December 6, 2016 at 11:22 PM, thekillergreece said:

I dont see why it shouldnt be. The game is on Xbone too.

(1) Xbox is made by Microsoft.

(2) Microsoft also made windows.

(3) Windows opertating system runs PC games.

(4) Windows operating system is on the Xbox.

This is why you see a lot of cross platform games popping up between Xbox and PC, and this is why you can pause Xbox games and continue playing them on the PC. You can buy Xbox Games, and you can play them on PC with Microsofts "play anywhere" program. It's easier to port games between Xbox and PC nowadays because they are very similar in infrastructure.

PS4 is different.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:58 AM, silversun said:

Well I was asking because I know it's available on xbox so I was wondering why not make it available on both consoles? I would much rather play it on my PS4 than on my PC.

Microsoft has allowed developers to put they're Alpha build games onto the Xbox One into a section called Game Preview. The games come with  a caveat that they are unfinished, may contain bugs, and may never be completed. I might be wrong but I don't think Sony has allowed this with the PS4 hence why there is no version available. That's not to say that there won't be a PS4 version when the game has been finished, although I haven't read anything confirming if there will be or not.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2016 at 7:47 AM, djb204 said:

(1) Xbox is made by Microsoft.

(2) Microsoft also made windows.

(3) Windows opertating system runs PC games.

(4) Windows operating system is on the Xbox.

This is why you see a lot of cross platform games popping up between Xbox and PC, and this is why you can pause Xbox games and continue playing them on the PC. You can buy Xbox Games, and you can play them on PC with Microsofts "play anywhere" program. It's easier to port games between Xbox and PC nowadays because they are very similar in infrastructure.

PS4 is different.

Meanwhile, PS4 being more Indie friendlier console than Xbone. By the way, Microsoft is not publisher for the game so no, it's just they ported it to xbox one because it has early access program as well.

Archived