4 Days of Night Community Survey

Admin

You know this event gave me an evil Idea...  How about a Christmas one with sort of the same theme?  Perhaps with say an hour or two of sunlight per day, you could do the same bit with light sources, and instead of Pumpkin Pies, Mince Pies.  Say some X-Mas Presents scattered around a crashed sleigh, with some desirable objects inside, 5 firestrikers, 50 rounds of ammo, a dozen arrows, the flare gun kit, whatever.

Now the kicker, there is one of these out and about in the world.

Hkrampus0007.jpg

Not perhaps in the map you are on, but as soon as you use a flare, the rifle, matches after dark, any sort of light source other than a brand, he's coming for you.

There will have to be one or two locations per map where he can't get at you, and if he does get you, then a bear like mauling is the result, perhaps down to between 5 and 10%.

As I said just an evil idea.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2016 at 0:59 PM, starfighter441 said:

You know this event gave me an evil Idea...  How about a Christmas one with sort of the same theme?  Perhaps with say an hour or two of sunlight per day, you could do the same bit with light sources, and instead of Pumpkin Pies, Mince Pies.  Say some X-Mas Presents scattered around a crashed sleigh, with some desirable objects inside, 5 firestrikers, 50 rounds of ammo, a dozen arrows, the flare gun kit, whatever.

Now the kicker, there is one of these out and about in the world.

Hkrampus0007.jpg

Not perhaps in the map you are on, but as soon as you use a flare, the rifle, matches after dark, any sort of light source other than a brand, he's coming for you.

There will have to be one or two locations per map where he can't get at you, and if he does get you, then a bear like mauling is the result, perhaps down to between 5 and 10%.

As I said just an evil idea.

This could be a blast!  

I can't remember if I got to post after the event, but it was a ton of fun.  Also, I've never been so happy to see a jack-o-latern in my life, that thing saved me.  And thank you for all the moldy chocolate.  In fine Halloween tradition - I'm still working on my hoard. :D

• Mel Guille unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...

I have a somewhat mixed experience with this event. 

First, changing the plot like this was a great idea. I came back for some more TLD, due to this.

But I couldn't even get the 2 hour event achievement, before time was out. Tells a bit about how casual player I am, but still, I don't get to enjoy these gems like the rest. I'd vote for longer lasting events.

I am actually so casual, I even missed the event feedback survey. None to blame but me, but if you care about feedback from us casuals, I'd keep the survey up, too, for some extra days.

Thanks for the experiment, though, it was an interesting hour and a half of game time.

21 hours ago, andersoyvind said:

I have a somewhat mixed experience with this event. 

First, changing the plot like this was a great idea. I came back for some more TLD, due to this.

But I couldn't even get the 2 hour event achievement, before time was out. Tells a bit about how casual player I am, but still, I don't get to enjoy these gems like the rest. I'd vote for longer lasting events.

I am actually so casual, I even missed the event feedback survey. None to blame but me, but if you care about feedback from us casuals, I'd keep the survey up, too, for some extra days.

Thanks for the experiment, though, it was an interesting hour and a half of game time.

You were so casual, you missed the survey by 2 years...

I thought I missed it too, until I checked the date. 

I hear you on the "2 hours real time" complaint, I'd much rather have it be objective based with as many chances to get it done as possible in the 24 hours given to us.

• 1 month later...

I loved it. It was very challenging. And I loved how it was permanently nighttime as it added a nice spooky edge to the game.
I died on the 3rd day due to a gang a wolves. This made it so that when ever I start up a new 4don I would start in on the 4th day. Starting on day 4 with nothing was seemly impossible to survive as it didn't seem possible to get enough warm clothing and/or enough wood fast enough. I don't know if this is intended or not. But it was fun anyways as it was very challenging.

Archived