Behind log jam in ravine basin

bikegramps

Has anyone gone around the log jam at the cave in ravine basin and returned? I climbed up the slope across from the rail car and went back over the cave and log jam and climbed back down to the creek. There is a large area back here with no sticks or limbs. I sprained an ankle so the game saved. I have enough food and water for 2 days, a bedroll and material for a snow shelter. But, I cannot get back out. I think I will probably die here. So if you must explore be prepared for the result.

bikegramps

I can get to the top of the ridge on the rail car side but looking down the other side is very steep and looks like off the map stuff. While on the creek I cross under the bridge you walk across heading for CH.

I've got a feeling the player isn't meant to go there. The log jam forms a natural barrier preventing the player from going further.

Your finding that there's nothing out there beyond the log jam (and that there isn't a way back) confirms this.

@bikegramps - I think @TWM is right. You've managed to go somewhere where you shouldn't be able to get to. I'm going to move this post to the bugs section. If you could include some more details for how you did this (e.g. game version number) it will help patch the trap in future updates.

I also assume you're playing on the PC...?

I am playing on a PC. Not positive of version number but I am up to date, the newest one before test branch. I agree  I am beyond what is meant to be playable area. It is quite a large area and appears finished although without any items. Movement is normal and scenery is good but without any items,sticks,limbs and animals. If anyone wants to check it out I advise using a disposable save not your primary one as I have. No time to play today but I will try and build a snow shelter to see if it works and post some screen shots before my inevitable death. I realized I was beyond play area and so was not intending this as a bug report but more as a report of what I found and a warning for other curious explorers. Should I start a new thread for screenshots or will this one remain visible to the general forum?

bikegramps

Ok, I got back around the log jam. I went as high as I could get on the train car side and side hilled back toward the log jam. Continuing and forced down by rocks and trees. I ended on the correct side of the log jam directly in front of the cave. I had to jump down about 6 feet but I am back in the game. Forgot to grab a screen shot, sorry. Also I cannot get back in with the new update. the way is blocked with a rock ledge.

bikegramps

Archived