Magical Teleporting Bear (in Sandbox mode)

SolitareLee

The name is fairly self-explanatory, but here are the details. I'm having the strangest issue with a teleporting bear in Timberwolf Mountain when playing the Sandbox on Voyager. (I mention this specifically because the bear doesn't seem to come all the way to Crystal Lake on Pilgrim and I haven't run into the issue on my Nomad run.) I believe it's the bear from the cave near Echo Peak East. But rather than walking down to the lake and back, he... teleports. It seems to happen when I enter and leave the "Crystal Lake" area but as the Mountaineer's Hut is RIGHT THERE, I'm often in plain sight of the lake when the bear pops in and out of existence. It makes going to fish or check my snares particularly frightful, because several times I've been walking to or away from the lake and suddenly "CAW CAW IT'S A BEAR." 

He seems to mostly teleport to the fishing hut itself, but I have occassionally seen him pop out from the fallen tree, as well. I'm learning more and more about this glitch as I play, because I'm unwilling to give up my excellent perch full of supplies and right next to a fishing hut. I've named him Beorn. 

I'm playing on a Windows PC, running Windows 7. As I mentioned, it always happens around the far end of Crystal Lake, near the fallen tree or fishing hut. If needed, I can provide a screenshot of Beorn, but I don't think it would help. 

I can't help but laugh at the scene that you might be harvesting a carcass or some wood and then this happens:

BTW it happened to me with a wolf in Mystery Lake in the other update, I fixed it by killing it but I can imagine doing that will be more difficult with a bear lol.

Archived