Arrow glitch: not recognized by bow, floats in air when dropped

Diargos

Bug report

Occurred August 29, 2016, on PC.

Description: I picked up a simple arrow from a deer stand, stored it in a container for a couple of in-game weeks. I crafted a new bow, and when I was outside I equipped the bow and the ammo count stayed at zero and attempting to reload ("R") did nothing. I examined the arrow in my inventory. It was not broken and at good condition. I decided to try dropping the arrow and picking it back up. When I dropped the arrow, it hung in the air at about waist level. However, it was worse than just stuck in the air (instead of lying on the ground), as the perceived height and distance of the arrow changed when I looked up and down, left and right. This caused it to "wiggle" whenever I moved or looked while around it. Also, I could not pick it up again, I did not get an indicator that there was an arrow present while trying to pick it up. I left the area and returned and the arrow was gone.

Screenshots attached.

I have never had this occur before, and I do not know the steps required to reproduce it. I have had no other glitches, crashes, or other problems with the game so far (71 hours). I will attempt to use an arrow again once I find another arrow in my game and edit this post if I have any new information.

screen_(-1024,_138,_-146)_f6448105-4b94-446f-8167-234af0889823.png

screen_(-1028,_136,_-140)_2113af62-6185-41c7-8565-1a2f35d9e508.png

Archived