Very fast screen full of UI assets prior to Hinterland logo

TheRealNFK

This is not a game breaking bug, but just something odd that occasionally happens on start-up. I decided to record the start-up, replay it, pause it and screen cap it just to figure out what it was. It lasts for maybe a quarter-second (probably less, I don't have an accurate way to time it) before the Hinterland logo kicks in. It looks like a bunch of UI assets.

I play TLD on Windows 7 SP1, i5-3350P, GeForce 660Ti. GeForce driver is version 372.54

The green zero in the upper right is ShadowPlay's FPS counter, which I forgot to turn off before making the recording.

TLDbeforelogo.thumb.png.a06f40931999928b

There was an explanation for why it happens on the steam forums. Apparently, they explained it like this:

'This is what I would expect to see on slower machines. What you're seeing is an atlas that contains various UI elements. Normally this is not seen by users, but in some conditions the game will hold onto this screen while loading the next scene. It's a quirk with Unity, unfortunately, so until we find a workaround this will be something some people spot."

Thread can be found here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/305620/discussions/0/353915309349862471/#c353915847943807355

Hope that helps a bit, and Hinterland can probably explain it in more detail too, soon :)

Don't ever feel bad about asking! it's a totally legitimate question! I just wanted to give you what Hinterland said in the Steam forums to help you, in case they don't get around to answering you right away since they're pretty busy :)

6 hours ago, TheRealNFK said:

Ah, ok, thanks. Sorry for bringing up something that's already been addressed, I don't spend a lot of time on the Steam forums.

Yep, as Felli says above, no worries! We appreciate you asking, and we know not everyone reads both forums. :)

As posted above, it's a bit of a quirk in the Unity Engine and not a bug. Cheers!

Archived