Ten facts about you

Wastelander

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. My name is Morpheus 

2. I hugged a girl today twice ^^ ( I really really really like her )

3. Me and my class accidentally broke a bus today

4. I can't keep my money in wallet

5. I look like a girl ( kind of )

6. I lie really often

7. In TLD I died because I forgot to dress up. Three times.

8. When I can't fix something, I cry and hope that it is going to fix

9. I am eating a dinner at the moment

10. I am allergic to wasps

• 2 months later...

Sorry for dragging this thread back up from its slumber, and please delete my reply if it isn't suitable, but it seemed like fun so I decided to give it a shot.

1. I cut my own hair short to keep the need for personal grooming to a minimum.

2. ...but I keep growing, trimming and do regular maintenance on my beard. (so I end up spending more time than my girlfriend do on her hair. ...Yeah, I know.)

3. Walking the pacific crest trail is on my bucket list. (and yes, I did know about the PCT before watching the movie "Wild")

4. I speak with a slight stutter.

5. I work in law enforcement as a police officer.

6. One of my favorite novels is "The brothers Karamazov" by Fyodor Dostoyevsky. (My screen name is that of my favorite character in that novel.)

7. I did a stint in the armed forces of Norway.

8. I worked volountarily for Red Cross here in Norway as part of a search and rescue team.

9. I am a classic introvert. I suspect that has much to do with my love for "the long dark"

10. I try my best to avoid using emoji in my writing but I often fall short on this. (:)

• 2 weeks later...

1. I'm disabled with multiple disabilities that end up sounding like a never-ending shopping list.
2. I love to write - but I still haven't finished/published anything beyond two short pieces from a contest and a very short answer yet sooooo - fail?
3. I'm a mom - one son who is the friendliest child you'll ever meet ("FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD CHILD! STRANGER DANGER!")
4. I'm a pansexual, polyamorous, random personage in a long distance relationship with a guy in the US
5. My favourite post-apocalypse series is the 1975-1979 series of Terry Nation's "Survivors". The remake SUCKS. Don't watch the 2008 version. Awful.
6. I'm learning to code and make games with Unity. It's slow going.
7. I was born and live in the UK but my mum was born in the US.
8. I have a hamster named Hamtaro (I later found out she was a girl but I refuse to change the name).
9. Among my wandering attention span obsessions - I also love languages both oral and sign.
10. My favourite meal is roast lamb with road potatoes and mint sauce.

1.  I really like downhill skiing, I have spent 6 years of my life (7-13) on a competitive team. I am level 1 CSIA (Canadian Ski Instructor Alliance). I am going to be teaching downhill this winter, when I was taking the CSIA course the tepature was -40oC.

2. I really like biathlon, I ski with the RCAC (Royal Canadian Army Cadets), my favorite part is the difficulty of the shooting after you have your heart racing from the skiing portion.

3. I really really like marksmanship, I try to shoot at least one application target a day with my daisy 753 rifle.

4. I love historical military firearms, I am most interested in service rifles from 1900-1990. I am in the processes of getting my minors PAL with my parents.

5. I want to join the CAF (Canadian Armed Forces). I want to ether be a weapons technician or just a standard rifle man. Both positions I want to be in the army.

6. I almost never take serious multiplayer games (GTA 5 RP, ARMA, ECT.) seriously.

7. I hate any kind of plastic even polymer on a rifle.

8. Although I love firearms and want to join the army, while I am not opposed to it I do not want to go hunting. I don't like hurting things that don't want to hurt me or my fellow country men.

9. I like working with metals and wood.

10. I only buy games that I absolutely know I would love to play and are one sale. I have a library of 120 games on steam and I have never regretted buying one of them.

Guess I’ll give this a try

1. Old ass gamer 42. Played the ORIGINAL castle Wolfe stein. Wolf 3D is what got me into modern gaming, but return to castle wolfenstein was by far the best, especially the multiplayer.

2 favorite movies are aliens (by a country mile), the thing (carpenters) best atmo ever, Indiana Jones trilogy, the first Star Wars trilogy, super troopers, and saving private ryan

3. I have actually experienced true hypothermia from some dude that tried to kill me 25 years ago.

4. I have worked in emergency medical services for 22 years, from EMT-B to medical director.

5. I was a first responder during hurricane Katrina, including time in the super dome and doing water rescue. It was this that showed me that I really don’t want an apocalypse. Kids die in them too and I have a problem with that.

6. I have a premillennial cat. Also a dog and 2 little but totally awesome boys. They don’t get to play Ted.

7. My scotch glass is empty. I like Islay scotch the most (lagavulin, ardbeg, highland park)

8. I have done the following things IRL: commandeered a military helicopter (Blackhawk), been chased by an angry mob, been hit by an F3 tornado, looted for food and clothes, handed out triage tags on 4 separate occasions, done rescue in the cargo hold of a ship, 100 feet below the deck, and been on tv a lot. Once I was the subject of the lead article for us news and world report. I no longer give interviews.

9. I am now semi retired, and have 2 little boys as the reason. They need their dad.

10. I love pizza, hot wings, target shooting with my extensive collection, and do a ton of diy

11. I actually live on a bayou. I’ll try to post a pic, not sure if I can

Interesting post. Reminds me of one of those notebooks they used to pass around class in the second grade.

So..here goes.

1. I am from the US west coast, of German, Irish, and Mexican descent, but can't speak much Spanish: I speak fluent conversational Japanese and can read 500 (of the roughly 2100 required) kanji.

2. When I was in the military I hated it but now I work for the military and I love it!

3. I hate game consoles. "PC master race" and all that; the last console I owned I gave away in 2002. That being said I probably only game about one hour a day now (down from 4 hours a day in 2015).

4. I am a licensed brew master and worked at a small craft beer brewery in Kanagawa Prefecture for eight years (and I still live in Kanagawa). I trained the current brew master and still drink there on occasion.

5. Just over a year ago I saw some documentaries that have lead me to believe buying food or products in general from China is bad for for the health of people and economies of the world in general, so I stopped.

6. For the last six months I haven't bought anything made of plastic and don't really plan to anymore so when my phone dies I wonder what I will do.

7. I am a wanna-be "minimalist." If I don't use something for longer than a year I give it away or throw it away. The only exceptions to that rule are the collection of three BattleTech "mechs," seven Vault-Tec S.P.E.C.I.A.L. bobbleheads, and 13 Vault-Tec skill bobbleheads, displayed on my shelf that I bought in 2015. I have a strong feeling those "collections" will be gone in a year.

8. I'm a little health conscious when it comes to food so I mostly eat green vegetables and fish or chicken, and avoid fried food, GMOs, and opt for organic whenever possible. I think I might be turning into some kind of a food snob.

9. I'm a big fan of wine and Japanese whiskey.

10. I'm tell everyone I'm a "boobs man" but I'm really a personality type :P

• 1 year later...
On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:01 PM, Timber Wolf said:

I once loss control of my vehicle, rolled it, was thrown out, regained consciousness to see it wrapped around the trunk of a tree, then got up and walked three and a half miles back to the cabin I was staying at in a remote and heavily wooded area.

WHAT??? impressive.

Archived