XBone Controller with Mac (Steam)

Firebird

Hey all - 

So sorry if this has been discussed before, but I haven't been able to find a solution.

I play the majority of my TLD on an Xbox One but I just recently got it on my Mac to play through Steam. I'd really like to use my Xbox controller but am finding that it's not responding while playing the game. 

I have this driver which responds perfectly:

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-19%20at%2011.17.

I used the controller in the game Firewatch on Steam and it worked great. 

Any advice?

19 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

It sounds like you'll need to try a different third-party driver to get that up and running on a Mac. It's my understanding there are many to choose from, but one you might try is listed here: http://guavaman.com/projects/rewired/docs/SupportedControllers.html#controllers-without-definitions

Thanks for the response, Patrick. That's actually the driver I'm currently using. Everything is recognized by the driver and the controller works flawlessly in the game Firewatch on Steam. 

Did you install the driver before or after you tried playing TLD with your XO controller? I've been doing some testing around this, and so far when using a wired connection I've not needed to use a driver (OSX 10.11.6 (15G31)) Could I get you to post your log as well? That might shed some light on what's going on. You can find it here: /Users/YourUserName/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log. 

Archived