Night Walker Steam achievement bug

jolynsbass

In my recent attempts to get all steam achievements in a single game (closest I've got is 13 out of 22...), I've been using a program to reset my Steam achievements, so I can make sure I earn them all in-game. As I've tried three times now, this one bug keeps happening (all three times):

I enter the Carter Dam (Upper), and sleep in the first room. The game then awards me the "Night Walker" award, which is incorrect, since I was not sleeping outside! I don't know if the award would be granted sleeping in other parts of Carter Dam - I'm always too cold/tired when I finally arrive, so I sleep in that first room each time. This is on PC... If you need more details, I can try to supply some. Thanks!

It sounds like it's retro actively giving you the achievement when the game checks to see if the condition for the even has been met, at some point. Steam is just the end point for the event and doesn't control the conditions.  Unless you deleted everything between each run, this can happen as you would still have data showing that you've completed it in the pass, then tells Steam to make sure it's unlocked.

A log from after being rewarded the achievement would help better get clarity, but right now it certainly sounds like a retroactive award. 

But, none of the other awards are being rewarded this way (I am using a program to essentially delete all Steam achievement data for Long Dark between each run) - they are really only given when I actually complete the award requirements, and the "night walker" award only appears when I sleep in the Carter Dam. (It's never the first place I sleep overnight, so it's not just giving me the award after passing a single night anywhere).

I would be happy to supply a log, are there instructions for how to do so? please point me in the right direction, and I'll do what I can to help. Thanks!

Archived