[SPOILER] Tease us

Hiemalis

I swear I'm trying to wait patiently for the august update (whether there'll be one).

I don't mean to put pressure on anyone, but, ah, is there anything the devs can share with us, just to whet our appetite? Perhaps the next update name? The update name's initials? A vowel? A wink?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably should, moose in general are more dangerous than bears. Bears will only attack you if you're near their young, or food, maybe if they're scared of you. Mouse will kill you because you're not a girl moose and they can see you. After you're dead they'll continue to kill you till you're little more than people jerky hanging from their antlers.

1 minute ago, miah999 said:

Mouse will kill you because you're not a girl moose and they can see you. After you're dead they'll continue to kill you till you're little more than people jerky hanging from their antlers.

Sounds like the people hanging around on the main streets in my town >_>

But yeah, moose are dangerous. Wonder what they taste like, I heard it's a delicacy in some Scandinavian regions? Or was that reindeer?

1 minute ago, miah999 said:

Probably should, moose in general are more dangerous than bears. Bears will only attack you if you're near their young, or food, maybe if they're scared of you. Mouse will kill you because you're not a girl moose and they can see you. After you're dead they'll continue to kill you till you're little more than people jerky hanging from their antlers.

"People jerky". :D

Moose do sound a little bit unfriendly, indeed. That feature where wolves coordinate attacks as a pack sounds more exciting by each passing day. Moose vs. wolves vs. bear and us in the middle of it.

11 minutes ago, Hiemalis said:

"People jerky". :D

Moose do sound a little bit unfriendly, indeed. That feature where wolves coordinate attacks as a pack sounds more exciting by each passing day. Moose vs. wolves vs. bear and us in the middle of it.

While it would be cool to watch a TLD wolf pack try to take down a moose, I think I'd keep my distance. ^_^

Of course in the real world wolves would only go for a moose if it was weakened or injured. But TLD wolves are crazy so who knows.

17 minutes ago, Wastelander said:

Sounds like the people hanging around on the main streets in my town >_>

But yeah, moose are dangerous. Wonder what they taste like, I heard it's a delicacy in some Scandinavian regions? Or was that reindeer?

Moose taste like gamier venison. I prefer bison. O.o

Yeah, I know, I've got too much time on my hands.

So there're 14 characters (including spaces) between "D" and "e", in case anyone's interested. In case there's an "in" or "of" in the middle, we have 10 characters left for the remaining two words -- plus the "D" and "e", adding up to 12 characters. What's the most common number of characters in english words?

script_cover.png

I always try and keep my expectations low. Really, I already cherish the sandbox (though I have no doubt I'll appreciate story mode as well), and anything that eventually comes in addition to that is just welcome. I'm just a bit anxious about the august update. And I love me a good little puzzle. Don't you?

Yeah...I, too, feel a bit sad that we're probably not going to see any teasers in the near future. I can understand it from HL's point of view, though.  Some people behaved really unfair during the last update's teasers, already massively condemning features they had never experienced at first hand then.

Sure it was an overreaction, but that's a rather poor apology for such a pointless and unreflected behavior imo. Now the fun to experience the teasers is probably spoiled for everyone in the long run.  Albeit I very much hope the HL team will change their mind on teaser releases once again at some point in the future. I for one always enjoyed them a lot.:normal: 

Archived