Not so new

dmosbon

Hello All.

I've just returned to playing TLD after some time away. Based in the UK, I'm a blogger and stream a little on Twitch too (erm...not meant to be an owl joke, honest).

I play on XB1 but may try playing on my MAC in future too (no owl jokes here).

Cheers

David.

10 hours ago, dmosbon said:

Hello All.

I've just returned to playing TLD after some time away. Based in the UK, I'm a blogger and stream a little on Twitch too (erm...not meant to be an owl joke, honest).

I play on XB1 but may try playing on my MAC in future too (no owl jokes here).

Cheers

David.

Hi David, it's great to see that you've stepped back into the forums.

Would be great to hear your thoughts on how the game has changed for you. (When did you last play?):coffee:

Last played in 2015.

The UI is so much better than I remember it. Plus the world itself looks that much nicer with all the new visual effects.

Will be interesting to see how NPCs can be included into the sandbox.

22 hours ago, dmosbon said:

Last played in 2015.

The UI is so much better than I remember it. Plus the world itself looks that much nicer with all the new visual effects.

Will be interesting to see how NPCs can be included into the sandbox.

What do you like more about the UI changes we've implemented? (Just curious, always good to get specifics) :)

I was also away for a while... I love the radial. That thing is handy as heck. I'm also a big fan of the new maintenance system, (the whetstone, gun-cleaning kit, etc)

Thats just a sampling of things I like... it seems basically everything has improved. A great game to begin with, it's somehow gotten much better. Diidnt think that was possible. :-D

2 hours ago, danicusrex said:

I was also away for a while... I love the radial. That thing is handy as heck. I'm also a big fan of the new maintenance system, (the whetstone, gun-cleaning kit, etc)

The radial is perfect and the activity timer feels just right too.

Just now, dmosbon said:

Can I mention candle making and glass blowing?

I guess, but I'll save you the hassle. COMPASSES WOULDNT WORK IN THE STORM!!!!! SPEARS ARE TOO OP!!!!! RAWR!

on a serious note, I'm glad you can be a part of this (mostly) great community, I say mostly great because I infect the forums with memes... And not very good ones at that...

like this meme

MFW WHEN YOU FIND A RIFLE...

image.gif.5fb354d358a7d95a04839537f974ab

On 7/15/2016 at 5:44 PM, dmosbon said:

The radial is perfect and the activity timer feels just right too.

Yes, how long things take seems much closer to real life now.

Also... I will never be silent in favor of spears. :) Powerful they may be, but there's a reason spears have been in use for 400,000 years.

Archived