Gun Wall rack at Mountaineers Hut

romerabr

Gun racks are very uncommon in Canada since fire arms must be stored in locked lockers. I would suggest a gun safe with several boxes of ammo; a hundred rounds would not be uncommon although 20-40 rounds is also common.

12 hours ago, SteveP said:

Gun racks are very uncommon in Canada since fire arms must be stored in locked lockers. I would suggest a gun safe with several boxes of ammo; a hundred rounds would not be uncommon although 20-40 rounds is also common.

Given all the corpses around in the game, kind of implies they ran out of resources, ammo being one of the major resources.  I wouldn't expect to find an intact cache of ammo like that.

I'm just saying that Canadians don't keep guns on racks. They are always kept in gun safes or at least hidden. And typically, yes there is ammunition. If you find a rifle, you would find a small stock pile of ammunition. Typically .22LR but also whatever for the rifle if its a .30 caliber or larger.

I see it this way, it would be so much nicer if most buildings had a gun rack, that way instead of us just throwing the rifle on the floor we can place it in a nice gun rack.

The safes in the game yeah I expect to find more bullets. that would be nice.

Gunrack near the door would be handy however I just always got in the habit of storing tools and weapons and food and reviewing what I needed each time I exit my home base. DP was handy for that being relatively small. It's also good for blood trails since there isn't much where the animals can go, except out on the thin ice.

10 minutes ago, Rusty_Old_F250 said:

if you walk forward facing the little stool by the workbench and alternate going left and right you can "climb" onto the stool, it takes a few tries but it does work!

Sam

Thanks, I do this to get up hillsides... never tried it with furniture!

• 6 months later...

HT can please make more Gun Racks in main buildings? i.e, the camp office at Mystery Lake this surely would have a gun rack somewhere inside. Another one might be TWM building.

Surely seeing you already have a gun rack a Trappers hut it wouldn't be to hard or take to long to add to other buildings that need them?

Thank you! == I love this game!

More base customisation is/was in the roadmap, wasn't it? Craftable racks/shelves might be a thing later in development. It'd be nice.

I'd really like to see an overhaul of the item placement system. I'd like to have it so all items can be placed in hands, and interacted with from there (in the game environment rather than in inventory menu). And following from that, the ability to go directly from 'item in hand' to the 'place item' mechanic, so that you don't have to drop everything on the floor, and then move it about from there. Take the example of the lanterns: you can't pick them up without going through the stage of taking them in-hand first - this feels a bit cumbersome when taken in isolation, because it's the only item that this applies to, but if it was the case for everything it'd make much more sense.

It's a fairly minor detail as far as gameplay goes, but it'd make the environment feel more tactile and immersive, in my view. I find it odd that currently different items force players to interact with them using completely different control patterns to do essentially the same things (ie. pick up, use, put in inventory, drop, etc).

• 9 months later...

Archived