Rifle accessories

Frozen guy

16 minutes ago, Docterrok said:

remember this game is not combat orientated, i think a scope should be its extent.

This. A scope would be nice as a rare spawn (maybe one or two per sandbox, fixed location in story mode) but everything beyond that would be too much.

13 minutes ago, alone sniper said:

How about stand?
for shooting when you sit. and it will reduce recoil.

like, a bipod?

rifles of this type didn't usually have a placement area for bipods, if a "Stand" was needed, soldiers usually just used sandbags, good thought though!

ok, I will be going into an in depth discussion about this, saddle up...

Hunting rifle

Ok, this is rifle is based off the real life lee enfeild mk2 rifle

Smle1.jpg

This rifle can only be fitted with the following attachments

L42A1-Large.png

notice how there isn't an attachment vessel for the bipod? It only had possible attachments, scope and bayonet, while I believe a bayonet seems a bit off for this game, Im gung ho for a scope that has some form of wear (cracked lens, frosted over, etc)

On 6/22/2016 at 11:29 PM, Docterrok said:

ok, I will be going into an in depth discussion about this, saddle up...

Hunting rifle

Ok, this is rifle is based off the real life lee enfeild mk2 rifle

Smle1.jpg

This rifle can only be fitted with the following attachments

L42A1-Large.png

notice how there isn't an attachment vessel for the bipod? It only had possible attachments, scope and bayonet, while I believe a bayonet seems a bit off for this game, Im gung ho for a scope that has some form of wear (cracked lens, frosted over, etc)

(After searching all over internet for clue and found nothing about bipod on

lee enfeild mk2 rifle ) seem like you are true :)

• 1 year later...

I actually believe that a scope would be great, but far less likely in the game's fiction.  The Enfield has a very long service record throughout British influenced countries (spanning several wars and conflicts), and is of a very sturdy and dependable design, much like it's American counterpart, the Garand.  This has led to it finding it's way into the hands of park rangers, hunters, and your average citizen in abundance.  They were so mass produced that I got mine in mint condition, after a military storage facility liquidated it's inventory.  Up until it's sale it had been packed/sealed with wax, to prevent any corrosion.  Scopes were by no means standard issue, but bayonets very much were.  Mine came with one, and it even had a very keen factory edge already on it.  So, if one were to find any accessory for the rifle, it would most likely be the bayonet, unless you perhaps are searching a hunting lodge, and then the rifle would likely have been customized, likely with removal of some of the wood to reduce weight. 
As far as gameplay goes, I understand that the present struggle mechanic would have to be tweaked to make allowances for this type of weapon, but in my opinion that mechanic is already in serious need of an overhaul.  I feel that a scope would allow for far too much long-distance accuracy, and the sniping would remove all potential threat from predator encounters.  Then again, I know I'm also in the camp that wants to be able to sharpen a long stick to a point and have myself a spear.  After all, in real life, if I survived a wolf attack in the middle of the wilderness, that would the first thing on my to-do list...... a spear.

Let us also put a heat vision scope on it, camo design, extended mags and a red dot on the side, and we might as well just use it to headshot bears safely from the top of the Ranger station, by the time you get there, the bear would be bled out nicely after all.

How about no? Scopes are just about the worst idea this game could go for - the whole point of hunting is that it is supposed to be challenging. The rifle does not even have a bullet drop, but it cannot be used to kill things from afar, as it should be... the player you play is an ordinary person, not a SAS sniper... 

No attachments, to anything. The only scope I could handle is one that would be broken and could be used as a spyglass, but could never be mounted on the gun. Iron sights are already rather good, I see no particular point in making this game a ridiculous CoD against beasts.

Hunting should always present a challenge in this game.

I wouldn't mind a bayonet for the Lee-Enfield, but I'd rather it be an item you find vs. craft, a lot of milsurp rifles usually come with accessories like the stuff you'd get at the time it was issued. But because it would be old and in questionable condition I would say its a one then done kind of deal, if you use it once to impale a lunging wolf, you'll stop the wolf, but you're now out a bayonet.

Archived