- Quantity of loot halved
- Only one knife and hatchet per region
- Only 50% chance of rifle per region
- Condition regain halved or even quartered
- Condition regains only when sleeping
- You cannot craft/repair/break while exhausted
- Found tools are no longer limited to only 80-100% quality
- No sewing kits
- New man-made food poisoning formula: [chance] = (100 – food item’s quality) / 3
- Backpack reduced to 25 kg
- Skills don’t increase
- Flora items (teas, bandages) need twice the resources
- Less items in unlocked containers, more – in locked
- It takes 2 pieces and 10 minutes to make a tinder out of sticks
- No individual pieces of cloth or scrap metal laying around 
- Penalty for leaving skin exposed (cannot be without pants for example)

### Extras that may not even be possible to implement
- Houses with a fireplace are locked - require crowbar to enter for the first time
- You cannot craft/repair/break things in the dark

You may not be able to reach 1000 days on this, yet 100 days are completely possible. I actually did it while following those rules. Didn't enter heated homes without a crowbar, only picked low (orange) quality items, only picked <85% quality tools and matches, didn't pick ammo boxes (only individual bullets), didn't repair tools, carried wood as dead weight, didn't use sewing kits, didn't allow calories to reach zero, didn't do anything in the dark. only gathered a third of all flora etc. The result? At no time at all it was ever boring or tedious – unlike regular Stalker where it’s smooth sailing from first week onwards. It's instantly noticeable how much more fun game is when you lack a hatched, knife or rifle – it gives you an objective, forces you to improvise, makes you to take tough decisions.

Steam says I have 200 hours in TLD. I've been playing like this for the better half of it now.

11 hours ago, Eames said:

### "Predator", with icon being a bear.

- Quantity of loot halved
- Only one knife and hatchet per region
- Only 50% chance of rifle per region
- Condition regain halved or even quartered
- Condition regains only when sleeping
- You cannot craft/repair/break while exhausted
- Found tools are no longer limited to only 80-100% quality
- No sewing kits
- New man-made food poisoning formula: [chance] = (100 – food item’s quality) / 3
- Backpack reduced to 25 kg
- Skills don’t increase
- Flora items (teas, bandages) need twice the resources
- Less items in unlocked containers, more – in locked
- It takes 2 pieces and 10 minutes to make a tinder out of sticks
- No individual cloth pieces laying around 
- Penalty for leaving skin exposed (cannot be without pants for example)

### Extras that may not even be possible to implement
- Houses with a fireplace are locked - require crowbar to enter for the first time
- You cannot craft/repair/break things in the dark

You may not be able to reach 1000 days on this, yet 100 days are completely possible. I actually did it while following those rules. Didn't enter heated homes without a crowbar, only picked low (orange) quality items, only picked <85% quality tools and matches, didn't pick ammo boxes (only individual bullets), didn't repair tools, carried wood as dead weight, didn't use sewing kits, didn't allow calories to reach zero, didn't do anything in the dark. only gathered a third of all flora etc. The result? At no time at all it was ever boring or tedious – unlike regular Stalker where it’s smooth sailing from first week onwards. It's instantly noticeable how much more fun game is when you lack a hatched, knife or rifle – it gives you an objective, forces you to improvise, makes you to take tough decisions.

Steam says I have 200 hours in TLD. I've been playing like this for the better half of it now.

Why would you play in such harsh conditions anyway? Unless you are trying to end your char quickly. Stalker is challenging enough as it is especially the wolves. Skills don't increase? why?  although you got some good points like  cannot craft/repair/break things in the dark that should be in stalker mode too.

10 hours ago, Vinceofpyrenees said:

I just Totally agree with halved loot ! I spend my time to carry items, searching items, store items, harvest items like cloths. I'd prefer to search natural loots, animals (with a way to use their bones etc...), and plants.

You can just play that way. Just because there's loot in the game doesn't mean you have to carry them all . . . 

I've gotten to the point where I'm just leaving what I don't need behind. Twice now I've left wolves to their meals because I have so much meat stored in that fishing hut . . .

Archived