new food items!

Tbone555

Just now, cekivi said:

The question isn't whether you can drink syrup from the bottle but why wouldn't you? :D

Maple syrup is about as sweet as corn syrup. Just way better tasting. :winky:

Thing is, we don't get maple syrup, let alone authentic Canadian maple syrup in Germany, so I was trying to get that cleared up :D I also don't really know how corn syrup tastes like...

Do you get Nutella in Canada? Could be a worthwhile addition - not under its brand name, of course.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why would anyone need that much maple syrup?
why is there a national maple syrup reserve?
why would someone want to rob it in the first place?
and most important - IF THERES SO MUCH MAPLE SYRUP IN CANADA WHY IS IT NON EXISTENT IN THIS GAME!?!?!
so many questions.

23 minutes ago, Tbone555 said:

why would anyone need that much maple syrup?
why is there a national maple syrup reserve?
why would someone want to rob it in the first place?
and most important - IF THERES SO MUCH MAPLE SYRUP IN CANADA WHY IS IT NON EXISTENT IN THIS GAME!?!?!
so many questions.

I eat lots of pancakes! :D

Business reasons actually. The reserve is there so that if the trees produce poorly one year that the level of syrup sales and exports can remain constant by supplementing from the reserve. If there's a surplus than it goes back into reserve.

Money. Apparently the amount stolen was worth several million dollars.

Lastly, that is a good question! I wouldn't say maple syrup is everywhere. It's mostly made in Ontario, Quebec and (I think) Vermont. As part of the Canadian stereotype you'd think it's be in the game somehow though :crosseye:

32 minutes ago, Wastelander said:

Thing is, we don't get maple syrup, let alone authentic Canadian maple syrup in Germany, so I was trying to get that cleared up :D I also don't really know how corn syrup tastes like...

Do you get Nutella in Canada? Could be a worthwhile addition - not under its brand name, of course.

I've had Nutella. It's not maple syrup! ^_^

we made our own syrup once, from basically just sugar and water stirred at boiling.. it wasnt QUITE the same... and the sugar separated from the water soon after, it doesnt keep long. but i figure a canadian survivalist would do something like this in a pinch :P

Maple syrup doesn't separate. The sugar will crystallize out of it over time though if you open the bottle and let it evaporate. It's so sweet though...

Other things you can do with maple syrup is heat it, concentrate it down, an pour it onto fresh snow (or crushed ice). You'll get a little maple syrup-icle. ^_^

7 minutes ago, cekivi said:

Maple syrup doesn't separate. The sugar will crystallize out of it over time though if you open the bottle and let it evaporate. It's so sweet though...

Other things you can do with maple syrup is heat it, concentrate it down, an pour it onto fresh snow (or crushed ice). You'll get a little maple syrup-icle. ^_^

Let's just gulp it down and have our character say "too... Sweet..." Then you get a cavity and die. The end.

Just now, Tbone555 said:

^^ YES. THIS IS SOMETHING I NEED IN MY LIFE NOW, THANKS.

Fun fact: You can reliably trace down the beginning of agriculture in any given region by doing radiocarbon analysis on the skeletons with cavities, since we're actually not made for a carbohydrate-based diet... perhaps researchers in TLD:2450a.D. will be able to pinpoint the time where humans started chugging maple syrup out of desperation :D

3 minutes ago, Wastelander said:

Fun fact: You can reliably trace down the beginning of agriculture in any given region by doing radiocarbon analysis on the skeletons with cavities, since we're actually not made for a carbohydrate-based diet... perhaps researchers in TLD:2450a.D. will be able to pinpoint the time where humans started chugging maple syrup out of desperation :D

Ok, I am about to drink an entire bottle of maple syrup!!! I will post my result!!! This is to show how much I want maple syrup in this game!!! For science!!!!

This thread is pretty long so forgive me if this is mentioned before.

But what about "craft-able" food recipes. Like take a pot, beans, tomato soup, and deer to make chili. Recipes could be found in cookbooks. Keep it on the stove all day to keep it warm, won't spoil as long as it's hot.

8 hours ago, miah999 said:

This thread is pretty long so forgive me if this is mentioned before.

But what about "craft-able" food recipes. Like take a pot, beans, tomato soup, and deer to make chili. Recipes could be found in cookbooks. Keep it on the stove all day to keep it warm, won't spoil as long as it's hot.

it has been mentioned - and i am in full agreement of it! with this new cooking skill they've given us, i feel like recipes are a necessarry thing!
welcome to the forums! :D

10 hours ago, Docterrok said:

It does not want to settle in my stomach!!! :S:S:S

IM DOING THIS FOR YOU HINTERLAND!!!

image.gif

........................................................................... O______________________________o

Food wise, I am surprised at the lack of jams, butters and pickles. Stale bread would also be something I'd expect to find in people's homes. Pasta, Rice and flours/oats would all make rich calorie sources that keep for a long time. Canned fruit beyond peaches should also be present. Pears, mandarin segments, cherries, apple sauce, etc. And cheese- excellent source of fats and proteins. There's a lot of foods which could be added .

Archived