Flicker - A Short Film

Hey guys!

I made a short film with a friend about a post-apocalyptic scenario. Its not directly about the Long Dark but It was definitely inspired by it (as well as being inspired by The Road). 

Here it is: 

I hope you like it and enjoy! 

Please comment what you think. :)

I need you to make more of these, seriously. In the first minute, I was going to criticize a lot, but near the end, everything was... well, not perfect but.... I think comfortable is the right word here. I had an intense urge to go out and build a fire. You manage to do some serious storytelling within just a few lines, that's some raw talent right there - good job, keep it up!

On 5/19/2016 at 4:12 AM, Wastelander said:

I need you to make more of these, seriously. In the first minute, I was going to criticize a lot, but near the end, everything was... well, not perfect but.... I think comfortable is the right word here. I had an intense urge to go out and build a fire. You manage to do some serious storytelling within just a few lines, that's some raw talent right there - good job, keep it up!

On 5/19/2016 at 3:01 AM, Patrick Carlson said:

Enjoyed that! Thanks for sharing it with us. I can see (and hear) some of your inspiration shine through in the photography and music.

Planning a sequel? :big_smile:

Thanks a lot guys! Planning on making another at some point, just need the right ideas! 

25 minutes ago, Stytch Fingal said:

The shots, the lighting, the music, the sound effects all work together to create a lovely apocalyptic atmosphere. Great job, @gandalffox.

On 5/19/2016 at 4:12 AM, Wastelander said:

Guys, thanks a lot for the helpful and thoughtful words.

If you would like to see more of my films in the future please follow me on Vimeo!

Thanks a lot, I'm learning more and more and have a new account which hasn't really really got any attention so just a bit of advertising here.... not sure if this is rlly allowed :)? But anyway it would be great if you could follow me! Thanks again and glad you enjoyed it!

Sam 

Archived