The Long Dark Sandbox Updated to v.321: "Tireless Menace"

Raphael van Lierop

On 26-4-2016 at 6:21 PM, Raphael van Lierop said:

It's with Microsoft right now. We hope it'll be live in the next 24-36 hours.

Any idea when the Windows release on GOG will be live with the new update? :)  (Sorry for spamming you guys about this but I love this game. :D )

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New update hit yesterday and we can light torches from fires again on Xbox one.

The new rest mechanic can be quite punishing. I wake up drink a hot cup of coffee go outside get attacked by a wolf - down to 5%. Limp inside; stop the bleeding, but can't rest because I just woke up and have just had a cup of coffee. Can't pass time because I'm out of food and of course out breaks a storm. Slow death watching the bed.....

2 hours ago, Greenglades said:

New update hit yesterday and we can light torches from fires again on Xbox one.

The new rest mechanic can be quite punishing. I wake up drink a hot cup of coffee go outside get attacked by a wolf - down to 5%. Limp inside; stop the bleeding, but can't rest because I just woke up and have just had a cup of coffee. Can't pass time because I'm out of food and of course out breaks a storm. Slow death watching the bed.....

That's unfortunate @Greenglades! You should log your experience in the alpha feedback. There's a few forums on difficulties with Cabin Fever not working as intended or you can start your own. 

10 minutes ago, Poochiehammer said:

Airplane crash on summit of lone wolf mountain is gone. Is it supposed to disappear after 1st visit or is this a bug? Set up shop in waterfall cave so I could collect all the best on the summit and now it's all gone. 

That would be a bug. Check to make sure you are at the summit. If you are and the plane's not there take a screen shot and log a bug report.

27 minutes ago, Cee64E said:

Okay, just curious how I get these updates.  I bought my copy over at GOG.com.  Do I need to go there?

If I remember how GOG runs you'll need to have their client software installed (just like Steam) in order for the game to auto-update. Otherwise you'll need to update manually.

The version number you're playing is always listed in the top left of the title screen. If you're not on the latest version I'd go hunting for an update.

• Hinterland
16 hours ago, Cee64E said:

Okay, just curious how I get these updates.  I bought my copy over at GOG.com.  Do I need to go there?

Hey! We're just working with GOG to get the latest version up. Hopefully will be there pretty soon! It just requires some extra steps beyond what we do to update the game on Steam, but we're almost there.

Instead of wondering when GOG will receive the update (I hope I wasn't too annoying) I started watching a lot of Lets play's on YouTube. Very amusing. I actually came here to say that I'm very very impressed to see how the new challenge mode looks. I've never thought something like this would be fun but I've been sitting in front of my screen till the middle of the night in the past week. I love it! :D

And now I read the GOG version is almost ready. Double fun! :D

17 hours ago, cekivi said:

If I remember how GOG runs you'll need to have their client software installed (just like Steam) in order for the game to auto-update. Otherwise you'll need to update manually.

The version number you're playing is always listed in the top left of the title screen. If you're not on the latest version I'd go hunting for an update.

The GOG Galaxy client is entirely optional, but I would recommend it for easy use. You can however install the game without the client by downloading the installer from the website (Library > select game > game downloads).

• Hinterland
9 hours ago, Blinkin said:

Instead of wondering when GOG will receive the update (I hope I wasn't too annoying) I started watching a lot of Lets play's on YouTube. Very amusing. I actually came here to say that I'm very very impressed to see how the new challenge mode looks. I've never thought something like this would be fun but I've been sitting in front of my screen till the middle of the night in the past week. I love it! :D

And now I read the GOG version is almost ready. Double fun! :D

The GOG Galaxy client is entirely optional, but I would recommend it for easy use. You can however install the game without the client by downloading the installer from the website (Library > select game > game downloads).

We sent the Windows and Mac GOG builds over tonight so hopefully they'll be able to get them up and on the platform soon!

17 hours ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

We sent the Windows and Mac GOG builds over tonight so hopefully they'll be able to get them up and on the platform soon!

They're up. Feels like a present. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-04-28 at 10:08 AM, AcademicDust894 said:

Thanks for the fix. Great Stuff!

I'm new here, so please forgive stupid questions. :)  How do I get and apply the hotfixes. I just bought the game yesterday, so I know zero about what to do about hotfixes. Thank you!

ETA: I bought the game on Steam.

8 hours ago, Tapioca said:

I'm new here, so please forgive stupid questions. :)  How do I get and apply the hotfixes. I just bought the game yesterday, so I know zero about what to do about hotfixes. Thank you!

ETA: I bought the game on Steam.

The game will be automatically updated by Steam. If in doubt, you can see the version number from the main game menu, in the upper left corner of the screen.

3 hours ago, norup said:

The game will be automatically updated by Steam. If in doubt, you can see the version number from the main game menu, in the upper left corner of the screen.

Thanks so much, @norup . That's a relief. :)

7 minutes ago, Tapioca said:

Thanks so much, @norup . That's a relief. :)

Hey Tapioca, welcome! And there are no stupid questions, we're here to help. Many of us might actually be a bit envious of you getting to see the game for the first time. ;)

As you spend more time with it, be sure to let us know how it goes for you. :coffee:

Thank you both for the welcome and the help. :) So far, my guy is about to die of thirst, but I have to leave him like that for the rest of the day and go indulge myself, instead, with the family. Cruel, I know :)

I just went back here after several hours to say this version is very best version of LD i played.

And its because of balance of fauna and weather, i really love it now, because it feels to be very logic and alive now.

(i play medium difficulty)

Keep up the good work :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived