So I've been coming back to drawing again, inspired by TLD. Not yet back in full form, but getting there. 

I've put something together from early, early days, when hypothermia, starvation and dehydration were constant companions, and wolf melees were occurring too often for comfort (no weapons, no flares, no torches, and of course, no bait). It was also an opportunity to try out some new toys as well.SeJin3-Despair_.thumb.png.81433ec3aec072

Wow that's awesome, is it digital?  I know nothing about art really but looked to me like a mix of charcoal and pastels.  Not sure why but it looks a lot richer if you click on the picture rather than just view the version in your post.

Not sure why they look different, heres a screenshot.

2016-04-11.png

On April 11, 2016 at 1:09 AM, illanthropist said:

Wow that's awesome, is it digital?  I know nothing about art really but looked to me like a mix of charcoal and pastels.  Not sure why but it looks a lot richer if you click on the picture rather than just view the version in your post.

Not sure why they look different, heres a screenshot.

2016-04-11.png

Yes, it is digital. I recently purchased an iPad Pro because I am so in love with the Apple Pencil. It's pulling me back to drawing like I used to do 25-30 years ago. 

I think the images look different because I did this on a transparent background. So in the post, because the background is white, you don't see the detail in the snow, that you do when you click on the image, since that puts it on a black background. 

I'm glad all of you liked it. I was trying to keep the Hinterland artistic feel going here. 

1 minute ago, Patrick Carlson said:

That's wonderful. "Despair," indeed. Do you find the digital interface to be similar to working with traditional drawing materials?

Not until I encountered the Apple Pencil. I've used the Wacom Tablet in the past and really liked it, however I had trouble with the disconnect with my hand on the tablet and my eye on the screen. With the iPad Pro and the Apple Pencil, it's more intuitive, more like working with traditional pencil/pastel and paper. So I feel like I'm expressing my vision more easily. And that is inspiring by itself!!

Archived