Where in the World are you From?

cekivi

Where in the World are you From?  

176 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, hauteecolerider said:

I've been reading a lot about the nature preserves in the Italian peninsula (up north of you, I think?), so I'm not surprised to see such lovely shots of your area.

My grandmother's family is from the bootheel of Italy, so in a way we're comrades!

Eh, maybe not . . .

Hello Comrade! :P

South of italy has a lot of natural reserves. Very small tho from what i've heard,Italy's big around the size of california (although california has more terrain than us)

The region located in the bootheel of the peninsula is called Puglia. I've never been to the south so much,but they have very beatiful scenery! (Food's good too!)

I live almost near the center of the peninsula. The town where i was born (15 Km from my house) has the exact place where the center of italy is pinpointed standing to Cartographers who made some research about it recently! And the place is like 2 metres away from a Roman Aqueduct built under augustus! (around the shift between BC and AD)

I'll share a picture,i've been there sometimes. One thing i've noticed about people from North America is that most of you guys do hikes or outdoors activities. I was in the scouts when i was a kid but there isn't so much people here who go outdoors to hike or doing camping. Either we go Skiing in Resorts or to the sea in Summer!. Where i Study (in tuscany,Siena) I meet a lot of foreigners who instead like to go hiking! It's really nice to see,i would love to join them sometimes.

cardonap.jpg

That's Nardona's Bridge,near the acqueduct. To the right of it,over the slope there's a meridian that pinpoints the geographical center of italy :)

7c13f4b4-9210-43c3-92bb-b74f7330c538_l.j

here it is,hope you enjoy it! :)

One place i would die to see in my life for an example is the Zion National Park. It's in Utah if i remember correctly. That place is stunning!

2 minutes ago, The Gentleman Bastard said:

Indeed! its a small town, but nice enough overall. not a whole lot to do. thank god for video games. Especially The Long Dark!!! soooo fun

Cool man. My gaming pc is busted right now and i won't play in a while anyway since i have some exams coming. But once i'm done i'm gonna get back to see more of the new update. Only played a couple of hours :\

2 hours ago, Recoil911 said:

Cool man. My gaming pc is busted right now and i won't play in a while anyway since i have some exams coming. But once i'm done i'm gonna get back to see more of the new update. Only played a couple of hours :\

Well hopefully your exams go good and you get your rig up and runnin again. ive only played the new update for a few hours so far myself, and its pretty sweet. havnt tried the challenges yet, but am stoked to try em! and the visuals are upgraded nicely, while maintaining that awesome cel shaded/watercolor motif.

On 4/24/2016 at 5:22 PM, cekivi said:

And here in Southern Ontario it was snowing two weeks ago :D

Here in Colorado we've had snow or sleet for 3 days  (it's actually snowing as I write this).  C'mon springtime, where you at?

3 hours ago, Ruruwawa said:

Here in Colorado we've had snow or sleet for 3 days  (it's actually snowing as I write this).  C'mon springtime, where you at?

Clearly spending too much time with the new Challenges! :D

Canadian born and raised! It's awesome to see so many people from all over here though. Gives us a lot of experiences to share!

Born here: Grand-Falls/Twillingate NFLD (DOn't have my own pics ATM so yay google!)

236%20Twillingate%20Harbour.JPG

Raised here for most of my teenage life: (Terrace Bay, Ontario)

IMG_3636a.JPG

And I've settled here on Kempenfelt Bay! (Barrie, Ontario)

barriecondos.jpg

For anyone wondering about the really awesome sculpture there, it's called The Spirit Catcher and it marks the waterfront here. The quills move when the wind blows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_Catcher (More info on the item made for the 1986 expo!)

From Texas u.s. but currently in Kansas. Since I was young I've always loved the outdoors, camping and hiking and this game definitely reminds going on treks but never really experienced much snow until moving to Kansas. I have always wanted to move to Canada though and have saved to do so. I hear so many amazing things about living there.

If you love the outdoors, Canada has a ton of different biomes to explore. Northwestern Ontario is one of the best places for camping and fishing. Mostly Walleye and Northern Pike, so the bigger fish, not to mention Some gorgeous Northern Lights. I loved camping up there. Hiking is great up that way too, it's so isolated there's tons of hiking trails and provincial parks to explore. In fact, very close to my home was this gorgeous natural gorge with amazing hiking trails that actually connected two towns together.

IF you can't come here to live, at least come here to enjoy the nature. From coast to coast, I can guaranteed you'll love it.

8 hours ago, Felli said:

If you love the outdoors, Canada has a ton of different biomes to explore. Northwestern Ontario is one of the best places for camping and fishing. Mostly Walleye and Northern Pike, so the bigger fish, not to mention Some gorgeous Northern Lights. I loved camping up there. Hiking is great up that way too, it's so isolated there's tons of hiking trails and provincial parks to explore. In fact, very close to my home was this gorgeous natural gorge with amazing hiking trails that actually connected two towns together.

IF you can't come here to live, at least come here to enjoy the nature. From coast to coast, I can guaranteed you'll love it.

Well after being in the military I've come to appreciate and respect life a great deal more and its taught me honestly that the only time I can feel at peace and myself is when in the wilderness. I've talked to a few people as well as tried researching how to became a citizen and I always seem to get different answers or run into a wall where it seems very difficult to actually become a citizen there. I've both heard and read that generally in order to do such other you have to have some sort of skill or profession to offer the economy and country.

• 2 weeks later...

5.56% From Aussie-land? I didn't know I was part of such an exclusive club!

I'm down with the five other people that live in Tasmania, right at the bottom of Australia, where the state capital (Hobart) has one block of city, and everything else is suburb. It is the quietest, nicest little place I've ever lived, as as someone who dosen't interact well with other people, it's paradise. 

I can walk out of my house, take a right, go straight for about 20m, and be on the side of Mount Wellington, right in the heart of nature. I've climbed it once or twice (and even saw a kangaroo on the summit, the second time!) I'll have to dig out my photo collection from the great archives of my laptop in order to share a view from the summit.

After 20 minutes of digging, I have my photographs;
IMG_6349.thumb.JPG.acc6b1b4cf423587da5b6Here's a shot of Hobart from the top (all of that is suburb)IMG_6353.thumb.JPG.aac1670ea64f71ccf2ea2   Here's a picture of the summit.

The Mountain gets far more foresty lower down, but I personally like the shrubbish nature of the summit. Both of these photos were taken in the summer, but in the winter it often snows over, and looks really nice. Could even make a pretty good map in TLD :)

4 hours ago, boshmi said:

5.56% From Aussie-land? I didn't know I was part of such an exclusive club!

I'm down with the five other people that live in Tasmania, right at the bottom of Australia, where the state capital (Hobart) has one block of city, and everything else is suburb. It is the quietest, nicest little place I've ever lived, as as someone who dosen't interact well with other people, it's paradise. 

I can walk out of my house, take a right, go straight for about 20m, and be on the side of Mount Wellington, right in the heart of nature. I've climbed it once or twice (and even saw a kangaroo on the summit, the second time!) I'll have to dig out my photo collection from the great archives of my laptop in order to share a view from the summit.

After 20 minutes of digging, I have my photographs;
IMG_6349.thumb.JPG.acc6b1b4cf423587da5b6Here's a shot of Hobart from the top (all of that is suburb)IMG_6353.thumb.JPG.aac1670ea64f71ccf2ea2   Here's a picture of the summit.

The Mountain gets far more foresty lower down, but I personally like the shrubbish nature of the summit. Both of these photos were taken in the summer, but in the winter it often snows over, and looks really nice. Could even make a pretty good map in TLD :)

TLD Tasmania Edition!!  Instead of hunting deer and rabbits, we'll be hunting wallabies and marsupials!

6 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

TLD Tasmania Edition!!  Instead of hunting deer and rabbits, we'll be hunting wallabies and marsupials!

Kangas will wreck you up, if they want to, and if the effects of the event cause them to become mega-agressive like the wolves in TLD, they'll break your spine with one kick. Plus there's the snakes, creepy crawlies, and various other flora and fauna which'll just give you a crap time overall. That's not to say it wouldn't be fun! I could imagine stalker mode with hundreds of kangas jumping all over the place, in a murder-crazy marsupial fest XD

10 hours ago, hauteecolerider said:

Tasmania? Sounds wonderful, I'm jealous! How's the traffic? :geek:

Non-existent, I did a double-take the other day when I saw three cars at once on the main road! It's so tiny I don't even really need a car is the thing, which I'd say has saved me quite a bit of money!

Archived