Where in the World are you From?

cekivi

Where in the World are you From?  

176 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey All!

It's neat to see all of the forum posts that go up in other languages! I must admit though that I am terribly Anglo and so cannot participate personally :)

Like the topic said, I was just curious where the various folks on the forums hail from. If I missed your country be sure to leave a comment so it gets recognized. My apologies but you're only allowed 20 items in a poll so I'm sure I'm missing some people :(

I'm basically taking my most inclusive guess based off a really old info graphic (http://gamingshogun.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/long-dark-infographic.jpg) and the language list from the international forums page. Consider this as a very informal census to replace the new forum's missing country badges :)

As for me, I'm from good ol' Ontario, Canada :normal:

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, LucidFugue said:

I'm in Australia. Here's a shot from a clearing in a walking track a little ways from my house. Not exactly the winter wonderland of Great Bear Island, but I like it. :P

I'll be honest, I didn't even know ferns could grow that big! It's a little too cold for them here :)

5 hours ago, Strongy said:

North east of England.  Hopefully I'm not the only one from England. Be a shame if I was. One of my best all time games

You shouldn't be. The UK is one of the 10 ten countries for sales of the Long Dark, Whether they're on the forums though...

10 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Washington State, Mount Rainier area, my backyard...

Now you're just making me jealous :P

I lived in Calgary for a summer working. Still miss the mountains. I was going up to hike every other weekend ^_^

5 hours ago, cekivi said:

I'll be honest, I didn't even know ferns could grow that big! It's a little too cold for them here :)

Tree ferns are pretty amazing  - they basically keep making fronds on top of fronds, the older ones dropping off after what seems like only a few weeks (I have four shading a pathway and I seem to be forever clearing these giant fronds!) and it builds a trunk of sorts that way. The fronds themselves are practically hollow, very lightweight but sturdy enough to hold up even when saturated with water. They'd be great for thatching and there is no shortage of them - these things just don't stop. It's a rainforest thing, everything is built like a racecar designed to reach the sun. 

I'll get a photo of a really awesome one that shows off just how versatile they are - the trunk twists 90 degrees twice over to snake it's way to the sunlight and it is in no danger of falling over. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LucidFugue said:

Tree ferns are pretty amazing  - they basically keep making fronds on top of fronds, the older ones dropping off after what seems like only a few weeks (I have four shading a pathway and I seem to be forever clearing these giant fronds!) and it builds a trunk of sorts that way. The fronds themselves are practically hollow, very lightweight but sturdy enough to hold up even when saturated with water. They'd be great for thatching and there is no shortage of them - these things just don't stop. It's a rainforest thing, everything is built like a racecar designed to reach the sun.

Learn something everyday :)

• Upvote 1

Currently living in Sebring Florida, but have lived all over previously. As a West Coast Navy vet, I was stationed in Bremerton Washington for four years, and worked on the WSF ferryboats for two more years before I came back to FL. Loved it up there in WA.

• Upvote 2

Italy Here. About 100 kms NE of Rome,in The umbria Region. Doesn't really snow in my town,but we're surrounded by mountains. I've been there sometimes with friends in the past years camping. It was Amazing and i really miss the feeling of making camp and being around the fire at night. We did that only in summer. I'll leave a pic of my area Terni_panorama_1.jpg

Mountain area where i camped is on the far left of the mountain zone. There's a church built where a roman sanctuary was in the old times,and all around there are a couple of watchtowers probably built in the middle ages. During WWII partisans used to move around the area. I'm really missing my buddies. Camping alone could be cool,but even dangerous so... :(

Another nice place we have near my town are the Marmore Falls. Highest one in all Europe :P 

Vespatour2006MarmoreFalls3.jpg

• Upvote 4