Nature Photography is Deadlier than Bears!

illanthropist

Twice in 3 days I've succumbed to hypothermia camping out for that perfect moonlit pic, it is fun though, gives me a new reason to cover old ground searching for a place to frame up for a good screenshot.

One subtle feature I've found is even if you stand or crouch perfectly still, the wind will cause you to sway a little, it's those tiny details that make this game so awesome but makes time-lapse photography rather difficult.  

Here's a compilation of a recent sunset I tried to capture!

roll.png

3 hours ago, hauteecolerider said:

Oh, I love getting those screenshots!

I'm trying to figure out how to record video on the Mac. No FRAPS for the Mac.:$

You should just be able to use iMovie/Quicktime.  Set it to screen record, then play!

Performance might be an issue, however.

3 hours ago, illanthropist said:

Does nvidia not have shadowplay support for your card?

On the Mac there is no NVIDIA Game Experience like there is on the PC (my Mac desktop does boot into Win 7, and if I were playing the Long Dark there . . .). So I can't access those NVIDIA features on my MacBook Pro (laptop).

1 minute ago, Vhalkyrie said:

You should just be able to use iMovie.  Set it to screen record, then play!

Performance might be an issue, however.

That gives me a thought -- I might have Quick Time installed on this computer. Will have to dig around a bit. Some of the files here go back to 2006, when I got this computer's predecessor. Hmmm.

*Turns to look*

Wait, thanks for the suggestion!

*Disappears into the depths of the Mac Finder*

• 1 year later...
On 8/12/2017 at 6:44 AM, jackspot said:

I have a quick question maybe you can help me?

I'm trying to record a time lapse but I noticed that time to time my character slightly move to the left and right which makes my recording not really great.

Any idea?

It's a built-in part of the game.. from the first post in this thread:

On 3/18/2016 at 0:36 AM, illanthropist said:

One subtle feature I've found is even if you stand or crouch perfectly still, the wind will cause you to sway a little, it's those tiny details that make this game so awesome but makes time-lapse photography rather difficult.  

So no.. there's probably nothing you can do about that slight sway. You could try standing where you're sheltered from the wind, but if you do, keep in mind that all the trees sway in the wind as well.

*Adds this to list of character classes for the Canadian Wasteland along with Ranger, Bandit, Mad Bearslayer, and Rogue Scholar*

That's a nice list.

Honestly, when I came into the thread at first, I expected a description about how OP was so into taking screenshots(camera photos) that they walked off a cliff.  Guess I am still a little into my bandit persona.

8 hours ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

Great pics! Think you might appreciate my Forlorn Muskeg sunset pic. 

2017-08-06-19-59-58-489-1.jpg

Between your avatar and this image, I am sensing a certain predisposition towards a specific palette of colors. In fact, it is almost like that wolf was taken from this area.

Archived